Chemical free mold removal and mold remediation
We identify, the cause and source of mold growth in your home! Indoor mold grows by excess water damage and above 65% relative humidity. We must make sure the conditions are dry before it makes sense to start the mold removal and mold remediation process. Our fast and cost effective procedure uses the disinfection advantage of Ozone and UV to clean the indoor air and surfaces without having to remove or dispose of moldy items. Our goal is to completely remove live and dead mold from the indoor environment. We never use toxic or harmful chemicals in the mold removal and mold remediation process.
Mold is naturally occurring everywhere in our environment indoors and outdoors. They are microscopic organisms that reproduce by spores and have an important role in nature. Mold breaks down organic matter in the environment and it is fueled by moister. Mold spores, like pollen, spread through the air and are also transported by shoes, clothing and other materials. When excess moisture is present inside a dwelling, mold can grow within 72 hours.
A 2004 Federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention study found that there is currently no scientific evidence that the accumulation of mold causes any significant health risks for person with normally functioning immune systems. Nonetheless, appropriate precautions need to be taken.
Preventing mold growth
Keep your kitchen, the bathroom(s), carpets and floors clean and free of mositer. Regular vacuuming and mopping is important to remove dirt and debris that harbor mold or food for mold. Check for moldy food on your counter and fridge and throw it away immediately.
Remove visible moisture accumulation on windows, walls, ceilings, floors and other surfaces as soon as reasonably possible. Look for leaks in washing machine hoses and discharge lines-especially if the leak is large enough for water to infiltrate nearby walls. Turn on any exhaust fans in the bathroom and kitchen before you start showering or cooking with open pots. When showering, be sure to keep the shower curtain inside the tub or fully close the shower doors. Also recommended that after taking a shower or bath, you: (1) wipe moisture off of shower walls, shower doors, the bathtub and the bathroom floor; (2) leave the bathroom door open until all moisture on the mirrors and bathroom walls and tile surfaces has dissipated; and (3) hang up your towels and bath mats so they will completely dry out.
Keep the thermostat set on the “COOL” and “FAN/AUTO” setting (not "FAN/ON" setting or "OFF" setting) to automatically circulate air in the event temperatures rise to or above 75 degrees during winter months, or 78 degrees during summer months. Relative humidity levels should be maintained under 60% at all times in order to prevent conditions conducive to the growth of mold and mildew.
The A/C cooling coil surface has constant moister due to condensation, making it an ideal place for mold to grow. Clean the surface of the coil once a year with an HVAC professional. It is also recommended to install a UVC lamp near the coil to prevent microbial growth.
Check for missing caulk and grout in the shower and around bathtub. Look for plumbing leaks, disconnected dryer vent, rainwater leaking from roofs, windows, doors and outside walls, as well as flood waters rising above floor levels.
DIY mold cleaning
If small areas of visible mold occurred on non porous surfaces such as ceramic tile, formica, vinyl flooring, metal, wood or plastic, the federal Environmental Protection Agency, EPA, recommends that you first clean the areas with soap or detergent. After the surface is dry, apply a pre-mixed, spray-on type household biocide within 24 hours, such as Lysol Disinfectant®, Pine-Sol Disinfectant® (original pine-scented), Tilex Mildew Remover® or Clorox Cleanup®. Note that only a few of the common household cleaners will actually kill mold, however they are not 100% effective. Do not apply biocide on porous surfaces, like sheetrock walls and ceilings. Mold grows and spreads exponentially as long as it has enough available moister. Overtime it could cause more damage to your property and your health. If you are not sure what to do, contact us for your free mold inspection.
Mold remediation and mold removal with Ozone
Ozone is a very strong oxidant and an ideal chemical-free purification and a disinfecting agent against mold. Ozone ruptures the outside of the a cell wall of the mold spore and this is a more efficient method than Chlorine which depends upon diffusion into the cell for inactivation. However ozone alone is not enough for mold remediation and mold removal. Proper steps should be applied by licensed mold professional prior to using ozone treatment for the best results.